Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 5: preparation book

I love books. A lot. My idea of a fun night is to curl up with a good book and read for hours. I've been this way my whole life, and one of the books I remember reading when I was probably is Back to Basics: How to Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills by Readers Digest press. My mom had the yellow cover version that I think was published in 1981. When I saw a copy at my local library sale I snapped it up. Even though Tami and I grew up in a household that used many of this skills, I still find the variety of topics hard to resist. 
If you want to learn the basics from setting up a homestead, to butchering, to growing food, wind and solar power, baking, weaving, etc  then you need to take a look at this book.










You can get your own copy for less than $20 on eBay, and I think it is well worth the money.

~Tanya




No comments:

Post a Comment